View Single Post
Old 11-06-09, 04:36 AM   #1516
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default ducimus

Here is where I am currently. I deactivated all mods and reactivated them. That did nothing. Next, I deleted the sim file as directed. I deactivated and reactivated all mods a second time. I added Werner Sobe's Optics2overTM mod, so I could see target's at night better. Those two exercises appeared to help.

The dds took significantly longer to hunt me down (quite a bit longer) on Hong Kong task force, a single mission. I had no hits, but was close. I was using the Easy AoB mod. I fired 10 torpedoes before the dds finished me off. I could see the target's better through the scope on this night time mission. My AoB solution was off, but the night vision and dds worked as they are supposed to.

Then I tried Solomon's Rush, a single mission. This is a daylight mission, with overcast skies. I was not spotted by dds, although a BB fired its guns at me as it approached my bow. I had two hits, one each on a BB and a following cruiser, using the Solution Solver by gutted. The cruiser never spotted me. I fired three aft torpedoes at another boat, but the torpedoes went in a circle and missed. One other shot at the BB was on on target but ran too deep. My misses were attributable to a targeting problem.

This looks promising. Before, the dds were too difficult. I could not even get a shot off before a flock of them were running me down regardless of what I did to prevent it. Also, I could not get a good silhouette of the target's at night.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote