View Single Post
Old 09-18-18, 04:40 PM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I assume the Israeli fighters used the radar silhouette of the Russian plane as cover against Assad's air defence when they flew another raid on Syrian targets. The Syrians, so the idea, would not endanger a plane by their allies. In fact, manouvers like this are nothing knew at all. Well, apparently something went wrong.

Well, its a war zone, and its a hot war, and somebody's plane, which is none of ours, got shot down. End of story. If Russia would have downed an Israeli plane - that would be a story with potential. But not this one. Or have Russia's interests in Syria become out interests recently?

There is a big hi-ho-hello about the Turkish-Russian "deal" about Idlib. What a nonsense. Its an ultimatum: get out in time, or die. Syria openly talks of Assad taking control of the region, and the enemy fighters either retreat (where to? Idlib is their last stronghold. Into Turkey? The Turkey that nevertheless is EU candidate?Oh my, please not, even if they get supported by Erdoghan ) and hand over their weapons, since they must not fear revenge by Assad'S regime... or staying there and getting wiped out in some time. A "deal"? Russia and Syria can end the war with an unconditional victory (something I thought would be impossible some years ago), and complete annihilation of their enemy. Who dares to think they will let this chance pass unused after they did since years what they must do to get where they are now - fighting without remorse and bombing into niravana all and everything in their way...?

Its blablabla. Erdoghan will soon find out at his cost. Russia still has an open bill with him over that downed Russian plane some time ago. And Russia will not pass on the chance to weaken Turkish ambitions in the Black Sea region while Turkey is weakened by a serious financial and economic crisis and in past month alone had to sell over one fifth of its gold reserves to keep afloat. Erdoghan is weakened, and Putin will make use of it. He would be stupid not to do so.