Thread: [REL] Squid launcher
View Single Post
Old 03-20-16, 01:58 PM   #62
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi guys,

sorry for the long delay in answering. As gap has pointed out I currently have a lot to do in RL.

To avoid any great expectations: I have not been able to get a working squid launcher based on the K-gun and I have also not been able to reduce the number of hedgehog projectiles There are also no projectiles in the air and no loading animations

However, gap's thrower looks great (and scary ) in-game and I could create the famous triangle pattern.

I have done several tests to check what triggers the DCs. I think it's just the position of the ship (and the speed of the u-boat). The position of the throwers with respect to the ship seems not to be taken into account. I have observed the same for the hedgehog. My testings also showed that the sinking speed of the DCs and the firing range of the hedgehog are not properly taken into account (this might be a problem for mods which significantly change the sinking speed of the DCs).

To summarize, the mod is currently still far from perfect, however, from a game-play perspective it does its job. gap's thrower looks great, but the particle effects could be improved (I'm not good at doing these effects). Maybe some other modders will join and improve the mod in the future...

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote