View Single Post
Old 01-09-13, 09:01 AM   #36
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
Wow I gotta say Prepar3d looks promising. But if I were to get it, Id be tempted to get proffesional for the more diverse aspect. Chances are if its being developed by LM that the birds should be realistic?? Hopefully they multi core support it so I can make use of all this POWAAA!!
Keep in mind that this is in principle FSX with code optimizations. It is no new flight sim with all out new content. It looks and probably feels like FSX, but performs better on most systems. Addon planes made for FSX work with P3D, usually, this also idnicates that there is no all-out new flight model (more realsim") included. Although some new planes were added to it with various releases, on which I canot comment, I do not expect the FSX default birds to behave different.

Consider one or two really good plane addons for more realism. Say, one small-to medium and one medium to big sized aircraft, depending on your preferences. There is a reason why serious simmers avoid all FSX default planes completely. Save the 150 bucks for the pro P3D version and use that money on one or two planes, REX, ASE, and if you want: two or three sceneries of your most favourite destinations. Planes first, weather second, scenery and traffic third.

Buit first see if P3D works flawless on your system.