View Single Post
Old 07-06-07, 06:13 PM   #215
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Right now I'm reading The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper. Not too bad.

About to finish Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. (I often read more than one book at a time.)

Finished in the last two weeks:

The Secret History of the CIA by Joseph J. Trento. Sucked. Propagandistic garbage that dwelled too much on conspiracy theories and not enough on fact.

Loyal Comrades, Ruthless Killers: The Secret Services of the USSR 1917-1991
by Slava Katamidze. Not too bad, could have used more depth but the author attempted to be fair to all parties involved.

The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum. Not bad, enjoyable time waster. Ludlum was always a much better writer than he allowed himself to be.

I also picked up a copy of the new Weird Tales Magazine. Don't waste your time with this once great magazine. They've shucked their past and now want to be hip and street-wise. Sucked to high heaven. Lovecraft and Howard are rolling over in their graves.

Also read H.P. Lovecraft's Magazine of Horror. I highly recommend this magazine for horror afficionados. Not bad at all.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote