View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 10:51 PM   #203
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Our Friend did a fantastic job re-coding the game to give us detailmasks in the way he did.
We are finding that many things are highly mod able. Even more so then with the tools they gave us.
We are finding ways to do better and faster work...
I agree, the idea of patching the old SH terrain with higher resolution detail mask only where it was actually needed, was a great idea, and so far we have done an outstanding job. We only miss a little puzzle piece before we can start showing our subsim buddies the fruits of our struggles.

Quote:
...and never use the crazy tools built into the software.
Which I find right next to useless for sane people...
Well, not totally useless. I think it is a great tool for smoothing out things, adding some embellishments and making the last touch-ups, but you can't rely on it for exploiting the full potential of the game.

Quote:
...and would bet money the Devs never really used them to build SH5!
That I can tell for sure: near all the stock ports and wherever there are detail masks added, there are slight mismatches between a tile and the next one. This is something that could never happen if devs had used only the Terrain Editor

Quote:
I'm not slamming the Devs. They only did what they were told they were allowed to do!
Much like my job? I can not do just any thing I want. I have to follow rules and budgets also.
Neither do I. If there is someone to be complained, that is Ubisoft.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote