View Single Post
Old 07-22-17, 03:17 PM   #21
Raptor_Pilot
WORST. KALEUN. EVER.

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Not sure if that is smart though. It means that all an American has to do is fire a torp into the blue to make every enemy reveal itself.

But if you have played this a lot, then you also know they ping at random, even without firing a shot. They ping all the time. Revealing themselves.

Shadriss also has a good point. So maybe don't ping at all. Really, try and disable it: for me, the gameplay improved (in 1968 atm).
Not all of them. Actually I rather like the idea of seeing multiple different behaviors by the AI.
Some ping all the time, some only ping a few times, some don't ping at all.
Some fire multiple weapons, some will fire one and aggressively steer it, and some will panic and run the moment they detect your launch transients.

I don't consider varied AI behaviors to be a flaw, unless they break the game.

Having enemy subs go active often may seem to make the game easier, but you shouldn't discount something going on under the hood.

Maybe they caught a brief glimpse of you on their sonar and lost contact?
Maybe the specific scenario is set up with the enemy already knowing you're in the area and they're actively searching for you?
Maybe the enemy sub skipper failed that day at "How to Hide" school?

Given the fact the developers are now working to modify and change the AI behavior, I'm willing to wait and see what they come up with, but I won't complain about AI behavior, if the AI is specifically programmed to occasionally make mistakes.

No one wants to fight perfect borg robot AI sub commanders who always react perfectly, with lightning speed, and always successfully target and evade every single time.
Raptor_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote