View Single Post
Old 07-21-17, 12:59 PM   #20
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
Mk48 is too good. I have actually been working on rebalancing the sensors, noise values on US vs Soviet subs and the campaign missions themselves. 68 in particular plays much better once formations are smaller and more dispersed, and you can use the Mk16's a lot more efficiently.

I think they should use active *sometimes* but not sure what the parameters for this should be. Perhaps once they are evading weapons and go fast, then they should start pinging so that they can return fire on you.
On the note of rebalancing noise values, I discussed in another thread the gap between the Skipjack and Permit noise vs the gap between Sturgeon and Los Angeles. Currently there's a huge difference in quieting between the Sturgeon and LA (15 dB, if I remember right) and a small difference between Skipjack and Permit (4 dB) despite the fact that rafting the turbines in the Permit supposedly made a huge difference to radiated noise... Was the anechoic coating and other tech just that much more effective on the LA or was rafting not actually as big of a factor in comparison?
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote