View Single Post
Old 09-18-16, 03:46 PM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon12 Old Quetico-BWCA Wilderness canoist here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
they were going to cayak down the river, the tension was built before anyone even started down the river, but in the end I got 3 scenes and a 30minute documentary about rapids.
This being a naval forum, your pardon sire, one simply does not Kayak in a canoe! The production was rougher than the film:
Quote:
During the filming of the canoe scene, author James Dickey showed up inebriated and got into a bitter argument with producer-director John Boorman, who had rewritten Dickey's script. They had a brief fistfight in which Boorman's nose was broken and four of his teeth shattered. Dickey was thrown off the set, but no charges were filed against him. The two reconciled and became good friends, and Boorman gave Dickey a cameo role as the sheriff at the end of the film.
http://www.paddleplanner.com/tools/maps/bwcaqueticomap.aspx bring enough insect-repellant for three weeks. You'll never think kayak again. I made sure ten-year-olds survived the trips in 1966-69! You'll need the kukri to hack out occasional 5 mile portage trails....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote