View Single Post
Old 08-15-08, 12:02 AM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramtyr
Thanks Peabody, i'll check it out. Anything you reccomend reading to learn up on it?

I wanted to do a fairly accurate Wake- I have the locations and compliments of all the 5-inch and 3 inch Batteries, as well as the AA 3-inchers that I obtained through some research, and mainly through my own stupid OCD fix what the game never got right. I wanted to remove the harbor facilities that are default at Wake; they are way overbuilt, I'm glad to hear you say its possible to remove. I hear there's even some terrain editing capabilities, and want to fix the fact that Wilkes and Wake Island are merged together. I should just shut up before I give myself a nervous breakdown.

I am still not at all familiar with the whole layers set up and the campaign thing, as well as building mods, I only jumped in a day ago and just have a single tutorial forum to work with- and basically still have alot of questions to ask, but don't want to annoy by asking to many.

Two Mods I would like to learn how to do is fixing the land AA so it actually works, and making the bunkers useful for something-- as a FX tools-- by basically have them be placable 'smoke pots' and have them always billow smoke like something important inland is on fire; like a fuel tank, ammo depot, or an orphanage. For example, in the instance of Wake Island, have a few of these spawn after each bombing raid from the Marshall Islands to insure that the place looks like its under bombardment. This adds to the realism and 'atmosphere' of the gritty war environment.
There are two islands at Wake, I didn't know they had two names, there is an opening at the north. I don't know if that is what you mean. If you want to see things always smoking go to Rabaul. They messed up and there is a ship on land and it burns all the time. There is another one somewhere but I can't remember, but very little is visible, which is what you would want. I don't know if it's a ship in the ground or what.
I never knew the AA didn't work. I knew the bunkers did.:rotfl:. I made a mission for one of the surface ships when they first started making them. It was the PocketBB and I made a task force going by Wake and it and a couple of DDs went out to greet them. The ships were sinking all over. It was then I realized the mission was too close to Wake and the shore batteries took out most of the ships.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote