View Single Post
Old 01-03-11, 02:43 AM   #798
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

I figured those mods had nothing to do with it.

I downloaded & tried to patch your version of sh3.exe. Still no dice.

Precisely which version of SH3 is your .exe from - Steam, original vanilla SH3, SH3 gold, or...? I assume it's at patch level 1.4, right? I'm not sure why they would be any different. A version 1.4 .exe should be a version 1.4 exe, regardless of source, unless Ubisoft is playing some stupid games.

I also noticed that my Steam-downloaded sh3.exe has a size of 1308 kbytes, where yours is 1300 kbytes. Weird. I can run my GWX 3.0-ed SH3 install using either the original Steam version of the .exe, or yours.

Turning off the second monitor had absolutely no effect. I cannot minimize SH3 to the taskbar. The most that happens is, my taskbar and parts of other applications will sort of flicker through the SH3 menu. Same thing happens when in-game.

When I have the second monitor active, I can shift mouse & keyboard focus to that screen by Alt+Tabbing SH3. But I can't drag over a window that was open on the primary monitor before I ran SH3. So I think what I'll have to do is, open anything I'll want to use while playing SH3 (e.g. GWX 3.0 manual) on the second screen before starting SH3 through SH3 Commander.

Last edited by WH4K; 01-03-11 at 10:42 AM.
WH4K is offline   Reply With Quote