View Single Post
Old 09-08-09, 02:25 PM   #56
rconstruct
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi
Just to let everyone know the project is still alive and well. Code cleanups, .3ds not supported any more (exclusively dangerdeep's file format now), OpenGL/GLSL cleanups, test branch in svn with OpenSceneGraph, new terrain tests (data based, with procedural refinement, plus full bathymetry - yes, you will have to consult bathymetry charts or risk collision with underwater terrain features), valves screen in SVN (but untied to ballasts and trim tanks, although static and dynamic diving are already working, but 99.9999% of the boyancy/diving/valves work is done already). New models under way, as well as physics refinements for models, and some other surprises.
As for the forums, we decided to just concentrate on all the goodies that sourceforge.net offers developers, makes life easier.
The crashes, the only problems that were reported were with some ATI cards, but the best is to wait for 0.4 release, and then submit bugs (to the new bug tracker, we're working on that, and integration of bug tracker with SVN).
Also lots of eye candy going to be added as well, and i'm crossing my fingers for a new procedural sky generation system, but i'm not sure this will make it into this release.
The ship's recognition manual will be reworked, we had access to a 1943's manual, so some things need tweaking to maintain historical coherency.
That's it, stay tuned, i'll post news (and screenshots) as things get ready.
rconstruct is offline   Reply With Quote