Thread: Out of Africa?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-18, 12:15 PM   #25
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=Sailor Steve;2561792]Here's the problem: All of the leading ID proponents are deeply religious, and all within the same religion, and despite claims to the contrary they all contribute to and publish from the same religious foundations. You claim to hold different ideas, but you sound exactly like them. What's a body supposed to think?[QUOTE]

Again I dont dont give a rats arse what their religion is or YOUR perception of how religious they are or what websites they post on or frequent. I offered their research opinion which if you read it didn't have jack squat to do with baby jesus ,christianity, six day creation, the flying spaghetti monster or any other religion.

They offered a counter to the idea that random selection was the cause of the bacteria ability to eat nylon.

Quote:
No, your initial request was for an explanation of the differing date ranges given for the "exodus" of humankind from Africa. After that was given you didn't "request" proof, as in honestly seeking an answer, you immediately started in with mockery and insults.

This was my question: " Prove that I am evolving into something else. Heck I'll make it easier on you prove anything is or has evolved? You came up with the nylon eating bacteria.

Quote:
What I said was that the ID movement was founded by Christians for Christians, and that statement still stands. It's easy enough to look up.
Ok fair enough, but what of the opinion offered that random selection may not have influenced the bacteria?

Quote:
I agree. The problem there is that other possibilities should be examined scientifically, and there is no way to do that with ID. It's not even a theory, it's a construct. They seem convinced that if they can prove Evolution to be just a little bit wrong then ID is the only remaining answer. They are not interested in examining other possibilities, only in proving that their Belief is Truth.
Again what of the opinion offered that random selection may not have played a part in the nylon eating bacteria?

Quote:
Wait. I thought you didn't care which god it was. Now you use the Jewish/Christian Bible as your starting point?
Its the one Im most familiar with but I am aware other ancient texts have similar beginnings.

Where? I believe I posted this before

Who says that?

Max Planck

George Wald

James Jean

Arno Penzias

to name a few

And then there is another design theory:
The conclusion I was heading towards was that, even in the highly unlikely event that some such 'Directed Panspermia' was responsible for designing life on this planet, the alien beings would THEMSELVES have to have evolved, if not by Darwinian selection, by some equivalent 'crane' (to quote Dan Dennett). My point here was that design can never be an ULTIMATE explanation for organized complexity. Even if life on Earth was seeded by intelligent designers on another planet, and even if the alien life form was itself seeded four billion years earlier, the regress must ultimately be terminated (and we have only some 13 billion years to play with because of the finite age of the universe). Organized complexity cannot just spontaneously happen. Richard Dawkins

Aliens

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-18-18 at 12:24 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote