View Single Post
Old 04-04-19, 08:43 AM   #12
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamagato View Post
Yes, but I just forgot that these values simply correspond to the Targa formats you have found.
Sorry , i don't understand you here, you think that my thought is correct or not ?

Quote:
I once remembered them all doing the old widescreen gui for GWX, but now I would have to trace and recreate everything again.
the "old widescreen gui for GWX" (made by Rubini if i am not mistaken) doesn't contain any breaking editing in its lines. It was a simple readjustment of items on screen just for serving the 1360x768 needs so i don't believe that there is anything usefull for matflags and texfmt lines in there.

Quote:
It seems that a lot of useful knowledge that was extremely useful for editing the GUI at the moment has been lost. I was sure that all modders use and develop this knowledge, but apparently I was wrong.
it is not that bad as you see it. You have your edited menu.ini which contain the knowledge of this missing tutorial.
Have a look in there and tell me the whole entry for the navigation.tga and the whole entry for the mask512.tga.
I will test your values at Display , MatFlags and TexFmt lines of these two entries and see if we have any good gain at ingame ram usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Are you looking for the latemail tutorial? I have that somewhere on my computers, but have not found it yet. In the meantime, I did find these:

/zAmboni: Tutorial: Deconstructing the menu_1024_768.ini file items

scudder: The Big Unofficial Guide to menu_1024_768.ini v1.1 download

olc post in: menu_1024_768.ini guide? latemail post at the bottom of the page.

thank you for the inputs Propbeanie.
i am aware of all these and none containes any usefull info about the matflags and texfmt lines.OLC's infos are the most usefull info (which are the same transfered in Latemail's tutorial) but even these infos were suspicions of OLC,most of them never cleared and he ended up to use matflags=0x29 and texfmt=0x9 to all.

Quote:
Yes. This is it (or almost)
Many thanks.
if this missing tutorial you are talking about is the Latemail's tutorial , i have it but as i said above the only info that containes about matflags and texfmt lines are the thoughts of OLC and there is no matching to any binaries. So, propably you are talking for some other tutorial. If this tutorial you are talking about were ever posted here in subsim i would had have it.Do you remember if it had ever posted here ?

*From some more tests i made , i have the sense that for having worthy ingame ram saving ,the quality of menu images must heavily reduced. Lets see

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote