View Single Post
Old 02-14-14, 07:58 PM   #11
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Been thinking. They should have made some type of demo or trial version. The price for this game is very high for many and it could be that not everyone like the game, after they have played it. It's a huge different from watching some videos and read comments and play the game on your own computer. Therefore Matrix should have made a demo or a trial of this game.

That's my opinion

Markus
I totally agree with you except that there should be probably be a demo for each and every game, regardless of cost.

In my opinion, the most successful franchises are those who have a demo. I don't think you should blame Matrix, though. I think that decision to make a demo more likely resides with the developers and not the publisher (although Matrix publishers may have influence).

Matrix posted a long list of explanations as to why they are not in favour of demos. Personally, I found most of them simply unfounded excuses. To me, a demo is a statement of confidence in a product; the creators are so confident in their product that they WANT you to try it because they know that you will be hooked once you do! That's why you can test drive cars and taste food samples.

Many of the games with the greatest longevity and success (such as Harpoon, Flashpoint Campaigns, Steam and Iron, Dangerous Waters, and Global Conflict Blue) provided demos. Of course, it is not a hard and fast rule, by any means.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote