View Single Post
Old 12-14-10, 05:37 PM   #697
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Question: Would it make sense to restrict speed/rpm while in Silent-Running? Currently, speed is reduced to 50 (?) rpm when you order Silent-Running, but after that you can order higher rpm and Silent Running is still active. I never understood this. Is that a bug?

@LGN1: While we are discussing about buoyancy and so on, my next job is to consider repairs for detection probability, as I promised months ago. That will take time, since I have to re-write some fixes to make them position-independent and thus compatible to Win7-successors.
Hi h.sie,

great that you are looking into the detection probability issue! Thanks!

Concerning the silent-running setting: I don't think one should limit the rpm in silent-running mode. Of course, if you use higher rpms it's not silent anymore, however, I regard the setting more in the way of 'Guys, stop any repairs, don't reload torpedoes and rest/be quiet'. If you limit the speed you cannot use the command for just conserving O2 when running submerged over a long time without any direct threat (ok, probably you run out of batteries at higher speeds than the CO2 will limit you ).

Anyway, I think it's not really necessary to limit the speed and the present situation gives you more flexibility than if you tie max. speed and silent-running together.

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote