View Single Post
Old 04-28-12, 03:41 PM   #15
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

RC,

what is confusing you? It's the first time ever I heared somebody complaining about this.

You choose the first option that costs 100$, and that is all. LINK

Manual is a pdf included with the software, you do not need to order a printed one separately. The software can be freely downloaded any time, even right now, I think you can install it even without dongle, and have access to all the pdfs there are. It just does not run until you have gotten the dongle.

Download the full version 2.640 from here: LINK
Scroll down a bit on that page. There are 6 rar-archives. Put them all in the same temporary folder, and launch the first one. Installation begins.

After that, download the (free) patch that brings it to v2.654 from here: LINK
It'S a small file, 32 MB or so. Run it, the rest is automatic

Voila, software installed. Once the dongle is available, that will install a software by itself, if I remember correctly.

Anyhow, the buying and downloading is not confusing at all, but is all nicely sorted.

Don't want to push you for it, I get no fee (although maybe I should ), its just that you are the first guy in six years I have heared complaing that it is "confusing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht-57 View Post
TYVM,
I am patched to 2.654. Sbpro pe has been on my pc for six years. when I see those who want a "tank sim" and shrug off the beast cause its 100 bucks I feel they are really missing out is all...
BTW sky ty for all you do here @ tanksim, Your review of sbpro was what sold me all those years ago, May I add that you really hit the mark with that review, spot on! still is an accurate good read today!
Thank you. Back then I had some errors in it, and today I would do such a review differently - though not less novel-like! . I tested some aspects too systematically back then, almost using tables and lists, and by that lost track of the bigger picture a bit. It was that lacking overview that helped to make me miss one or two small but important issues that thankfully soon got solved. Today I would focus more on the gaming experience itself, and do less bean-counting.

Ironically, Ssnake told me when I did that second article with the interview that he thinks it's too long and too narrating, and that people do not like it to be that long. But as a matter of fact it was exactly this length that hooked them plenty of customers. In 2006 I had some numerically solid email and PM feedback, that's why I have a good estimation on how much people I led towards their cashdesk back then, and since then. Must be in the range of 3-5 dozens - and that is just representing the people that gave me their feedback and said me they were off to get it. When I was younger, I LOVED to read much reviews and stuff about the games I liked and was interested in, it was part of the fun for me - and I wondered why other players should be that different from me. Also, writing the stuff was fun. Just the testing was - stress. I gave myself too little time.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-28-12 at 03:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote