Old 09-14-08, 12:12 PM   #779
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
clayp,

Documentation is the least of my priorities at the moment unfortunately. It's simply too much work for a single guy like me to code and write documentation at the same time, in my spare time. I am not a writer, and English is not my native tongue either. Please search for tutorials, and use those to find out more about the game, as well as S3D. There's already a few good tutorials.

My signature also has some links to tutorials (incl. a couple video tutorials that show you how to work with S3D).

Please keep in mind that no documentation will ever explain you how to mod a game. The nature of modding is experimenting, trying out new things, and learning on the go. It takes alot of effort from any person around here, even with tools like S3D.

Another tip is to seek out small mods, and see what files they contain, what was changed, and what the result was.

If time permits me, I will try to make more tutorials, but please bear with me. I'm a real busy man IRL with my own business as well...

PS: I have asked for help in the past and had a few offers but noone pulled through in the end. I do hope some experienced S3D users with technical writing skills can find some (precious) time to help me and everybody else out.

No problem bud..I wasn't getting on you about it just lamenting the fact that I'm so stupid that I trouble figuring it out..I'm sure that you are an extremely smart person to write a program like this..I will work on it and maybe sooner or later I might get it...

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote