Old 03-24-18, 05:28 AM   #825
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
Uploads: 0
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
Having a bit of trouble during this one patrol I'm running, and it's VERY vexing.

Patrol starts in April 13, 1942. Twice now, in the same location (just west of Ireland) and the same day (April 21, 1942) the game just CTDs. I'm running a max TC of 128X, and am careful to watch for flutters/stutters that mean something is spawning nearby, and have seen no sign of that.

After it CTD-ed the first time, I made sure to save-game twice a day (at F2 station, on the surface, at least 50 Km from my last ship encounter, at TC 1x). Reloading saved games results in a CTD; it reaches the "initializing" screen, pauses there for several seconds before CTD (the error fault is listed as Simdata.dll). I have 14 saves for this patrol . . . only save 4 loads, all the others resulted in CTD. Game save 4 had ships sunk, and depth charge attacks on me, so it doesn't seem to be that. However, save 5 did have an aircraft shot down, so I wonder if that is what's causing the CTD.

It's frustrating to get a CTD twice, in the same location/date, and it's also frustrating with it seeming that shooting down an aircraft results in a CTD of a saved game.

Would this be investigated, please? If you want help checking files, etc., just contact me and I'll help!
Hi guys
Same happend to me. I was in my 5th patrol and ctd. I reinsalled the game
and again ctd.

Please help!!

cheers
nik112 is online   Reply With Quote