Thread: fs 2004
View Single Post
Old 09-12-09, 02:15 PM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I am more thinking about technical stability; and the easiness of complex addons (like PMDG, Level-D and Flight-1 ATR) running with FS - or not. Complex cockpoit modeuls are reported time and again to not run as reliable with FSX as they do with FS9. The reasons for this probably are diverse, from software to hardware-related issues.

when saying IFR, I NEVER refer to any Microsoft default airliner. They are far too simplistic, for my taste. As a matter of fact I use no default sports plane for VFR either. the dedicated addons packages that focus on simulkate a given piece of hardware, and only that one, may appear expensive, compared to what you get with FS as a full package - but they make all the difference. They are what turns a dedicated and wanted game into an actual flight sim. FS is no simulator when it leaves Microsoft's production halls, but a game. That it is modular and so easy to change - this is it's real capital and potentially can turn it into a sim. If that would not be the case, many flyers interested more in the sim than game aspects would turn their backs on it, me included.