The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirwana
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster
Thanks for that info; have bought a Computer with the following specs ..

Black Thermaltake soprano case with side window + 3 case fans (no lights)
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-965P-DS4
Pentium 4 dual core processor 2 X 3.40Mhz, Heatsink and blue led fan

160 GB Hard Drive
ASUS DVD/RW + light scribe (sata Conection)
1 gb of 800Mhz DDR 2 Corsair 667 RAM
Pci-express Nvidia gforce 8400gt 256mB (fan-less)
Sound is built on to the motherboard 7.1
550 watt power supply unit

I'm going offline shortly due to an impending move so hope this will successfully play the following ..

GWX 2.1
WAC 3.0
NYGM 3

ummm... for wac 3.0 the 1 gig RAM won't cut it....i strongly recommend to add another gig if ure running xp and at least 3gigs total if its vista.

with 6 gigs in my setup wac takes a wopping 2.74 GB RAM using vista 64bit-the additional xp partition i still own wac is using 1.84 GB RAM . It's not funny if the game is permanently using the virtual RAM on the HD.
Nirwana .. that out of all the specs is the bit that's worrying me; I don't think 1gb of RAM will cut it either, will have another gig added. Thanks for advice
Oh and It's XP pro [didn't fancy Vista].

Edit ..
Have found this snippet of information about RAM which I'd like to share with others here and think it is a good analogy ..

RAM is Random Access Memory. It is the part of the computer that processes information. When a program is started, it is loaded into RAM to be run. This also where files are placed by a computer to be worked on. RAM is like a workbench and the larger this workbench the larger the file that can be worked. Imagine if you were building a doghouse. A big workbench would allow you to put the whole thing on at once to work on it and have room for your saw and your sander (i.e. your programs like a photo editor or word processor). If you had a small work bench you would have to take the doghouse apart and load each piece on and off as you worked on it. So in computer terms the more RAM the easier it is to get a big job done.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

Last edited by The Munster; 07-12-08 at 11:28 PM.
The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote