View Single Post
Old 01-10-07, 04:24 PM   #39
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

I'm not sure either. I know the ship ones did for that time period. I emailed a few people online that sell ship engine order telegraph's to see how they work. I was wondering if there were seperate rings for each direction the engine was ordered. I remember seeing somewhere that some telegraph's would ding two times for forward, one for back, sometimes a different number of dings for each speed, but, they all varied based on who built and installed the Telegraph and as they progressed over the years. This one I made was based off the sounds in the uboat video link I posted.

I chose to make this for myself because I feel the sim lacks alot of the sounds you should hear in and around a uboat, especially for a game that makes you live in the uboat. The standard interface doesn't make any sounds when you push and click to do things. I feel that gears and other objects should rattle, shake, and grind, since these are the types of materials the uboat is made from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund
Hi,

Does the real uboot really have bell sounds in the control room? I think it was only in the engin room to notifie the machinists.

Mikael
:hmm:
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote