iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryujocarrierdude110 View Post
When is this coming out?
That's a question I ask every day.

It depends on my work/continuing education, as well as how much help I get. There are several things that I could use assistance with:

-Modeling ships in Wings3d (if you want your country's units included, you will need to help! As stated earlier, I myself will be focusing on British and German vessels). Any WWI ships are fine - please, no fictional warships or post-WWI ships. Generic fictional merchant ships or small boats are OK, as long as they look like World War I era craft.

-Low poly models of human beings, in appropriate WWI clothing - civilians and soldiers are needed.

-**VERY HIGH PRIORITY: From European fans, pictures of old-fashioned buildings - houses, etc that still look like they looked in 1914. Historic photos of towns and harbors from 1890 - 1918 would be extremely welcome.** I would like good, forward shots with no blurring, no tilting, and no modern accessories on the buildings like neon signs, etc. If you're European and live near old cottages/houses/churches, help out! Everyone has camera phones these days.

-Similarly, maps of European harbors & coastal towns

-Maps of lighthouses and lightships

-Pictures of European buoys

-Good profile photos of fish & marine life

-Lists of plausible ship names for major maritime countries - if you are Norwegian, French, Swedish, Italian, Dutch, Greek, or Danish you can probably help me out here

-Lists of plausible radio messages (ships sinking, survivors picked up, enemy vessels spotted, etc).

-Lists of major WWI military events for in-campaign newspapers

-Ideas, ideas, ideas. If you can't mod, throw ideas out there. I want this to be immersive, and I want the ocean/coastal environment to seem REAL. The idea is to even make transition to your patrol area interesting with all the little details, etc you notice in the game.

-Accented German voice acting (not a high priority, just throwing it out)
-Accented English/Scottish/Irish/Commonwealth voices (just in case)... Again, not making any promises, but we will see.

And Oliver, thanks for the info on U-20's gun. I had seen pictures of it in front of and behind the CT.

Regarding the submarine roster, U-93 class is likely to be added because I have a good model of it. I may also add UB-II and UB-III classes. Depends on what tricks I can use to force the game to recognize different hulls - IIRC there is a hard coded limit. But I think I can pull it off.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote