View Single Post
Old 11-05-15, 07:44 PM   #253
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Hello Berbster,

Thanks for your response.

I thought the optional MODs should be enabled in the same order as they are listed in JSGME, but then I read the included "Manual" for the ATM options and that says the ATM MODs should be activated after all other MODs. Plus, I recalled that h.sie specifically instructed that his MOD must be installed after all other MODs. They both can't be activated last and it seems you have successfully applied the FULLVERSION and some of the optional MODs in the order they are given; so if it works, it works and that's what I'll do.

Nope, I'm not using the using the OLC mods; so it can't be those bug fixes that need to be applied. I have double-checked and triple-checked the NVIDIA gpu settings and they are correct. I made a check-list from the Installation Instructions and have followed them step-by-step again and am still getting the same results.

I'm starting to think that it's the d3d9.dll and related configuration file that comes with the Widescreen MOD itself that's causing this problem. Just for the fun of it, I copied them both to the FULLVERSION MOD folder and activated it without the Widescreen MOD...got the same warning note and same results (actually, it only took 28 "OK" clicks to start the game!). BTW, there is no d3d9.dll file in either the Stock SH3 game folder or the un-MODed LSH3 game folder. I've even tried to re-install DirectX 9 from my SH3 DVD, but the computer is smart enough to say "no thank you, I have a newer version (DirectX 11) installed." Well, unless someone who really knows how to fix this can provide the answer, I guess I'll just live with it and keep tapping "29 OKs".

Now, if I could only figure out why replacing the OfficerA and OfficerB tga's in the data\Menu\GUI\Layout doesn't put the "Das Boot" crew into the GUI watch station Icon slots...I'd be happy enough to go finish the Naval Academy and get on with a career.

Thanks again Mate.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote