View Single Post
Old 05-27-13, 11:46 AM   #18
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilboSmeggins View Post
As regards Falcon 4, I've actually got the boxed retail version upstairs with the giant manual etc. I had heard that it had been heavily updated and was now a joy to behold. Thing is I'm not all that fussed about learning a highly complex jet sim. I remember it being a huge learning curve back in it's day. I'm quite a bit older now and my capacity for learning/patience has depreciated accordingly . I may try to get it working/patched though just for the sake of curiosity .
The learning curve is even steeper and longer now, since so much system stuff was added and refined. It definitely is a study sim, and it adds several manuals more to the sim. But I find it more accessible than the DCS A-10, or DCS-Blackshark. It also is much more atmospheric. When flying in campaign, you are up and out there with dozens and hundreds of units around you, meeting formations returning home, getting crossed by others who head for their targets. and when I say dozens and hundreds, I mean it. No other sim gives you such an intense feeling of being just a tiny little piece in a very huge campaign going on LIVE all around you. This is what apparently will set Falcon apart from all other sims, forever.

Quote:
Skybird........... Good to find you still stalking these forums .
Don'T say it too loud, in GT many people are cursing when they see me raising over the horizon these days.

Quote:
You still flying Condor? I so loved the flight-modelling in that sim. Don't think I found anything else that came close. Just a shame that it aged like it did. Haven't visited their forum for a long time. Last I checked people were getting fed up waiting for Condor 2 to materialise. Might have to blow the dust off the old girl and have another ridge-soaring session
No, no Condoring for me anymore, I spend almost all civilian flying now on the PMDG Boeing-737NGX (as Herr Berbunch for some reason has not yet pointed out again ) Last thing I tried with Condor was the release of the (very good) ALPI-3 photo scenery. But soon after that I started to lose interest in Condor.