View Single Post
Old 03-30-11, 12:31 PM   #4
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

From
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Das-Bo...d-Details/8705

Quote:
Sony has remastered both the theatrical and 60-minute longer director's cut for Blu-ray and will include both versions in a two-disc set. In addition, Das Boot on Blu-ray will feature nearly 3 hours of all-new bonus features highlighted by a retrospective documentary with director Wolfgang Petersen.

Das Boot will be presented on Blu-ray in 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. The complete suite of bonus features is as follows:
  • Wolfgang Petersen-Back To The Boat
  • Going Deeper:
    • Maria's Take
    • The Perfect Boat
  • Captain's Tour
    • Rooms Overview
    • Entry Conning Tower
    • Torpedo Room & Crew Quarters
    • Captains & Officers Rooms
    • The Control Room
    • Petty Officers Room & Galley
    • Diesel & Electric Motor Rooms
  • Historical Material
    • Behind the Scenes (1981)
    • Battle of the Atlantic (1983)
  • Director's Commentary with Wolfgang Petersen
There's also a link there to pre-order from Amazon altho when I did a search at Amazon I didn't come up with anything but the well-known DVD releases. Going to investigate now.

Edit: the ASIN is B004SUDQ4U, just search for that (using the Subsim link of course!). Just pre-ordered mine.

I've seen a few comments online (maybe even here) from people who saw the European release who didn't think the quality was much improved on Blu Ray and doubted whether it was worth having. However I've never seen the original theatrical release and altho I probably won't like it as much, being used to the longer versions, this will no doubt be my one shot at actually owning a copy of it.

Edit Redux: Oh and THANK YOU SCRAPSER for the heads up!!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote