Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 09-29-16, 12:37 AM   #1
Imagemaniac
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Introduction

Well, hello. I just joined, intending to get a copy of SH-4 and reading about the mods, trying to comprehend the order and groupings of the most enhancing adaptations available. It seems that preparing to fly an SR-71 or Lunar mission would be comparable.

Then, I found that a big patch is required for SH-4, and I'd already downloaded some mods and got a refusal on the patch, offering solutions, including that I make an intro because I'm an interesting "guy." Admin probably knows that USN is preping the way for women to serve on subs and just canned that notice some time ago?

Well, if liking sub sims and computers makes me interesting and worthwhile, I'll take admin's word for it and provide this general intro, though I'm sure the word many would ascribe to some of us is "nerd."

The military runs in my family, my paternal grandfather serving in the Army in WWI, and my father following his lead and serving in the Army Air Corp, under MacArthur, in the Philippines during WWII, and I followed him, reaching the highest level as a flight instructor, while in the USAF, in the Vietnam era. No submarine service there, but I've always been drawn to the submariner's perspective because of the strategy, the absolute value of teamwork which is so immediately reflected in success or failure, though that also applies to fighter squadrons as well as squads and platoons, and there's the isolation, which can be welcoming if one isn't claustrophobic, and the humbling majesty of the sea, meeting its challenges and the enemy's.

So here I am, preping for the delivery and installation of SH-4 and its attendant complex of patches and mods, committing to spending a lot of time doing something I'll enjoy but could put to a lot more productive and valuable use in any other areas of interest elsewhere in my life—by far the the most significant and unjustifiable drawback of the sim, which I guess makes me a little selfish and self-absorbed, like Trump is a lot of; so, at least there is that compensation, as in him I see I could be a whole lot worse.

Eat your pudding, Mr. Land.

Save
Imagemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote