View Single Post
Old 01-26-15, 09:26 AM   #39
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Ah, I remember that old battle from years ago, since the group was going fast, the best I could do was stay on the left flank that night and they had a 1kt speed advantage. I didn't think I would get a shot, but they turned south towards me. I knew the Port Moresby group returned towards Rabaul, so I hauled butt there after I sunk the carriers and caught them returning at night.

Usually the best place to ambush the Coral TF is to sit about 20nms south of San Cristobal as they come around it. All the locations can be easily found on the sinking SS if u use RSRD.

If you want to really have fun with RSRD, the Solomons campaign you can see some great action and battles. You really want to do the Battle of Savo. Fun watching a large Jap TF coming in around Savo to take on the waiting allied TF. The Japs will wipe this force out, but if you get your attack in before they come around Savo and sink one of the BB's and damage the other, then haul butt and reload you can join the battle as the TF duke it out. If you help enough, can you turn the tide of battle for the allies....? Fun to do.

These are good battle animations and all are in RSRD. You certainly want to be in the Solomons to see action May through about Dec. The animations show the battles in detail.

http://historyanimated.com/verynewhi...ed/?page_id=20

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote