View Single Post
Old 10-15-17, 03:36 PM   #34
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Just drove Dry Creek and Orchard (roadblock still there); heavy smoke is only directly North at the Yountville breakthrough along Oakville Grade with all smoke along the Mt Veeder Ridge dissipated completely. The chief just pulled in and says the worst has gone by; all of city-limit Napa evacuations are lifted. I'm now out to Geyserville up toward Lake Sonoma to assist my 80 year old family friend to move back into her rural 5 acres/mobile home with all of her cats and birds. The trip way'round through Novato to 101 should be interesting as hwy 128 through Calistoga(North) and hwy 121 past Sonoma(South) is sealed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddaBBY
Thanks for all the help from all over.
No kidding! just spotted a pumper unit at South Napa market 20 minutes ago; from Cornelius....I had never heard of Cornelius.... duh: its from Cornelius, North Carolina -3000+ miles away! Australian and Canadian crews are here as well alongside neighboring state's crews. This is serious all-out fire fighting!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-15-17 at 04:18 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote