Old 05-19-08, 09:43 AM   #679
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuss
Hi OLC,

had to stay away from SH3-modding for some weeks because of RL. Came back yesterday and saw your enormous production.
Do you mean the OLCE2 Option Extras? :hmm:

Quote:
I suppose one of those British WWII-strategies behind this: Increasing mod-productivity forces the German
u-boats to stay at their home-bases in order to study the intention of the new mods. No new German patrols for the next months - Germany will loose the WWII. Brilliant idea.
Oh come on, it's not complicated. :p

Quote:
A (serious) question: what do you mean with “eliminating the reflections”. Do you mean water-reflections? Had no chance to install the new mod-version.
Elimitate. Remove. Get rid of. Erase. Delete.

The reflections of ships, particles and harbour objects annoy me because they never look quite right and far too often they look totally wrong. Sometimes it's because they're broken (which can be fixed by modding, but the sheer number of broken or missing reflections makes that a huge task) and sometimes because of quirks/limitations in the SH3 graphics engine (which can't be fixed). I used to think a bad reflection was better than no reflection, then I went into the GWX Museum and there are no reflecitons in there, and I couldn't believe how good it looked. So, I removed all the reflections from everything in GWX 2.1 except the terrain, which I do want to "eliminate" but I can't find the switch for it.... yet.

For me this is about immersion. Seeing a dodgy reflection is an immersion killer. Take away the reflections and I (and you, I hope) am left with a more immersive experience.