View Single Post
Old 10-21-07, 06:14 PM   #89
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

@Bilge,

The ships are there. Just depends on where you are searching. My first missions off Saigon (2 patrol areas) I sunk a DD and and a cruiser. After SubPac said my time was up on the first patrol area I was directed south. Sparse pickings but I did pick off a merchant. At this point I was told to RTB best speed. I did and received orders to go the Formosa area to patrol. Something was brewing. I came upon a small convoy but it was pitch black and pouring rain. No luck on getting a sinking. Then I was directed to the Luzon to patrol for some hours. This is were I saved my game. When I'm patrolling I pick areas that would seem to be lanes for shipping as the Japanese were moving south for resources. In fact, Lurker has you return to Manila to end patrol, your shown what the Japanese are up to(created by the developers) and quite clever of Lurker to have this at that time. You are then sent North to the Luzon area as we know Japanese convoys are heading south. Patrol your area with the most logical route the convoys would take. At any rate, the first year of the war the Asiatic Fleet did not make a lot of sinkings. Thus far quite good IMHO and I'm very excited to see how Lurker handles the coming years.

Judging from the books I have read on the subject, this mod is playing it out very well. I applaud Lurker for his efforts here. The vanilla version is like rush hour traffic. You are out of torps before you hit your patrol area. It is a hit or miss on finding shipping with this mod. We are now forced to hunt as it should be. This mod has taken it to the next level.

Patrol and they will come!!!!

Again Lurker, job well done with the first layer. I can't say it enough.