View Single Post
Old 03-04-11, 01:14 PM   #35
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
"Most likely" means that he was guessing and hoping, not that he had a clue what he was talking about. And upon rereading my own response I have to repeat it: How exactly would this be made to work?

Okay, Point for you !

Again he makes a claim with no verification at all. It's worthless.

Okay, point for you !

What books? If you're going to make a claim like this you need to quote the source exactly, and provide a link to where I can buy the same book and learn this. Anyone can claim anything and say they have a reference, but if you don't show it then it is meaningless.
Sorry, but for me itīs not possible to write the exactly source, because Iīve bought me since the last 20 years over 60 books from german subs in WW2 (for example iron coffins from Herbert A. Werner and many others). So I remind that I read about the UZO in one of my books, but I think you understand, that I canīt say exactly in which book ( when you want I can post a picture from all of my books...).

So, I asked a former submarine driver of german Navy (Bundesmarine) in my german ubi-forum and he answerded me the following (Iīve translate his answer via google, because my english is not so good):

Please look first this picture: http://www.u-995.com/images/galerie/...kenwanne02.jpg

and then read his answer:

"In the pictures of the bridge when can we see the column of the torpedo target device or the UZO base very well. The upper range (ie where the UZO is placed), is from the surrounding ring with the degree numbers must be clearly separated. Somehow reminds me of the process with the support of a magnetic compass, which is indeed suspended freely to compensate for the ship's movements.
This makes sense since the UZO was indeed used in case of water attacks, so a submarine, even at low wave heights ever is rocked by something stronger. It would therefore only logical that a telescopic sight would be stabilized in accordance."

Best regards,
Magic