Old 07-12-18, 12:58 PM   #42
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi Brodaga,

Thanks very much for making a Widescreen mod!

I am impressed by the opening screen which shows a nice video and historical images. I see you have cured the presentation very well. However, please let me mention 2 issues, the 2nd one being more severe and could mean a no-go for many players because of it. So hopefully you're trying to correct.

a) German accents remain in cyrillic in the menu, in messages and screen names in-game.

This is not a big issue. To correct, take the fonts from Ahnenerbe's mod for WAC5.01 and incorportate them.

b) Like in Ahnenerbe's GUI, the mouseclicks are screwed-up meaning you can not reach all compartments of the sub.

E.g. the back area of the command room cannot be reached, neither by shortcut or the mouse; right-clicking on an officer will not always take his place of view. Right-clicking will not always take you back to conning tower like in the stock game. Take a look at the Conus GUI (with GWX3.0) to see how mouseclicks should work. Note that a fast movement within the sub is a big part of game immersion in SH3.

All this is more severe depending on how a simmer wants to play the game (shortcuts or mouse clicks, zooming optics).
Unfortunately I know it's difficult to fix because it clashes with the optics and cameras, so I have no good solution to propose, I can only say that it will be a no-go for many players chosing between zooming optics or moving at ease in the sub by using the mouse.

Your stations and the maps are awesome, the best I have seen in a WS GUI

I hope you accept my feedback as helpful for you.
Cheers,
Hi XenonSurf Thanks for the feedback! Now I'm working on a completely new historical optics for ARB and together I will fix the errors about which you reported. I plan to release a new version this month. Maybe even next week