View Single Post
Old 01-16-18, 05:18 PM   #652
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7
Default Feedback

I've been playing GWX for years, and honestly love it. However, it has one serious flaw for me: I cannot save a game and reload it; it constantly CTD if I try and load a saved game. Considering I usually play a max TC of 128, a single patrol can sometimes take me several real-time weeks to run. I sometimes (rarely, admittedly) get a CTD or freeze during a patrol, and sometimes a BSoD when I try and sleep or hibernate the PC, so losing a 8-12 day long patrol due to an inability to save and load a game has, frankly, made GWX unplayable/unenjoyable to me now.

I've heard that WAC is a good variant, so I've decided to try it. So far it seems pretty positive. Love the exquisite graphics! Here are some observations/feedback I have:

1) It takes forever getting in and out of harbors/ports, or near them. Unless I decide to change the default TC, I'm stuck at 8x for a very long time getting out to sea.

2) I keep getting a repetitive "No officer at helm station" even when there is an officer there.

3) Sound/voices aren't a consistent volume: some sounds are low, others are screechingly high. (I'm not talking about "panicked" voices, as those are going to be louder)

4) I would like to be able to "lock" the interface so that it remains displayed.

5) There seems to be a minor mismatch on the graphics of the interface; sometimes when I click on a "command" the messages just above move instead. As well, it is a copper-plated b*tch to scroll through the messages; I can't just click to display the last one, instead I have to select a new command to have the messages reset to the latest one.

6) More of a FYI: in a Type VII, the helm officer's position sometimes has him stand with a pole through him, other times his left foot is in a box of food (As I said, this is an FYI; I understand the difficulties in working with the animations).

7) No ability (that I can see) to easily set a course based relative to the boat as compared to compass true. (For instance, if I want to set course 36 degrees relative to my current course).

8) No ability (that I can see) to quickly return to center bridge view/position.

9) No shortcut to UZO view.

10) Seem unable to enter the conning tower any more.

11) Extremely difficult to see flags and identify them, even in clear weather. At 1,000 meters using binoculars, UZO and/or 10x attack periscope, I cannot identify flags.

This is my current mod setup:

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.01
WAC5.0 Full_Interior
WAC5.01 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign
O2-Gauges v2
torpedo trail and wake fix
SH3 patched with H.sie V16B1

Last edited by schlechter pfennig; 01-16-18 at 11:20 PM.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote