View Single Post
Old 04-14-16, 02:30 PM   #36
ColonelMolerat
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Hi all! My first post here!

After a *very* frustrating few hours, I found a solution to crashing-on-loading-saves that seems works for me. Hopefully it'll work for others too!

This is on the Steam version, on Windows 10.

- Run 'Silent Hunter 3', and 'Testapp' (in the Silent Hunter 3 folder in Steam) as Adminstrator, and also in 'Windows XP, (Service Pack 3)', compatibility mode.

To do this, right-click on the application, then choose 'properties'. Click the 'Compatibility' tab. Click 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and choose 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)' from the drop down menu. Also tick 'Run this program as an administrator'.

- Run 'SH3 Commander' as Adminstrator. (I didn't run this in compatibility mode).

This is done the same as above, but skip the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' step.

You may not need to do all of the above, but something in that seems to have worked for me. I tested it on a save out at sea, away from other boats, that wouldn't load before, and it loaded up. I also tested it on a save just after leaving harbour (only about fifty metres out!) and it worked.

However, I hadn't sunk any ships at this point, which seems to be a trigger for the crash in some saves, so I can't vouch it'll work if that's the problem. I'm new to the game, so haven't yet sunk any ships to test it out on!

Sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but I couldn't see it in my online searching.
ColonelMolerat is offline   Reply With Quote