View Single Post
Old 02-28-09, 12:59 PM   #279
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
...I don't play the game anymore, I just develop for it. But there are delayed effects (time based) in my version like secondary explosions that I'm pretty sure don't exist in GWX since I found a controller that noone has ever used before... .
For the sake of confusion control, GWX users who elect to use the 'Enhanced Damage Effects' mod included with our work since the release of GWX 2.0 over a year ago... will observe delayed and secondary effects (such as trailing oil slicks and secondary/delayed explosions) These effects emit from various stricken units as they absorb progressive damage from flooding etc. It is not a new idea... nor did we 'borrow' or 'steal' the idea from you. (Racerboy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
...My version also gives lots of debris and that debris floats on the water some time before sinking away to the abiss. Not sure that GWX does that either. GWX can't do the effects that I can do because they are keeping the framerates to a level that is compatible to something or another. So their's is a compromise to keep framerates decent. Mine will make your video card work (I currently have an 8800GTX and it doesn't even break a sweat).
Which one to use is a decision for you to make. If your video card and computer can handle it then I would use mine. If your framerates stumble using mine then use theirs.
It will be some time before anyone ever sees this but RFX will put everything to shame.
Visual effects and/or textures can be made to be as large as you please, to the point of choking systems etc. as they pass through engine bottlenecks on loading. I think that many modders simply don't realize that reworking stock texture sizes can yield similar results without the increased system demand.

By all means, do what you will... but you should avoid misinforming GWX users concerning the intent/content of our work.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote