View Single Post
Old 08-24-17, 08:04 PM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The stunning thing is how many of those DVDs failed to install. We downloaded on four different machines with 4 different burners and CPUs in four different places and all the b urning done by four different people, and two versions of 18 were done - and all DVDs failed in normal mode and three quarters failed in compatability mode.

Thats is more than just a curious singular event. Its a pattern.

On games under Linux, some unexpected titles like ArmA 3 and Subnautica, are running under Linux, but then most of the games I play and that really consume my time, are simulators like Assetto Corsa or Steel Beasts or FSX with many and complex addons, and many of these thigns need special hardware (wheels, pedals, HOTAS) and drivers. That alltogether is no ground Linux can present as its shinign side. Its not for that. And driver support for such hardware is a mess, I learned. These programs also are so demanding on hardware that keeping all that - and controllers and drivers - in a VM, is not working well, if at all.

Chess also is a sad sight under Linux. There are chess programs, yes. But none that compares to the interfaces and capabilties of Arena GUI, Fritz GUI or Chessbase database, not to mention the many top engines you have under Windows and Android.

Yes, Android is better equipped with chess software, than Linux. Its surprising a bit, at least for me it was.

And then there is VR. I am tempted to try AC and RR in VR. In my AC forum they all say its a blast in VR.

Boy, all that poor money of mine. I would treat it so badly if I really go that way...