View Single Post
Old 06-21-18, 10:54 AM   #10
difool2
Commander

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre-63 View Post
...and, from my perspective at least, that's NOT A BAD THING. Occasionally, some folks' pursuit of absolute accuracy gets in the way of making the game session fun. I can completely understand why some folks want that level of detail and I applaud their ability to play at that level. Personally, I have no illusions about my ability to run a whiz-wheel or navigate by celestial fixes....and if it stops being fun, my desire to invest time in it goes away.
What ruins my fun is encountering something which utterly destroys my willing suspension of disbelief. Navigation minutiae aside, a dedicated and robust strategic module for a game like this would do wonders for immersion. Instead it's just you and your boat against the world, vs. you/boat as part of a larger integrated whole, where I can do my part in helping my side win without the entire weight of the conflict riding on my slender shoulders. [and that is leaving aside any of the various tactical...quirks that have been discussed to death here by now.]
difool2 is offline   Reply With Quote