View Single Post
Old 11-18-16, 04:14 PM   #23
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dergrunty View Post
Nice write up max-peck and thanks for the welcome.
I indeed have duds turned on and even knew about the unreliability of american torpedoes, however I kept thinking that I had made an error somewhere, since I'm still pretty new to SH4

That actually happened to me at one point. Fired two torpedoes at the target, checked the attack map and noticed that one of then was making a hard left turn
I put the sub in full reverse and watched as the torpedo passed about 10m (well probably more but it looked close) in front of me.
That would have been a fitting end to my career, wasting about 15 torpedoes with misses and at the end sinking myself with one...

German U-boats with homing torpedoes would dive after launching since the torpedoes could hear them and would sometimes turn around and go after the U-boat...

Might not be a bad idea when in deep water to follow that example, if it is a circle runner, then it would pass above you.

You lose the ability to know exactly were the ships are, but you aren't sunk either....

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Of course - I did not even see that

Feeling a little bit ashamed now
At first glance I was thinking "I forget the names too", then after a minute, "wait, that sub was commanded by Dick O'Kane, and it was sunk by a circle runner...", he must me making a joke...

Then again.....

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote