View Single Post
Old 11-03-07, 07:22 PM   #2121
Dr.Zod
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default AI guns!

Me again!

Sorry to ask that, I know I have seen this before but I canīt seem to find it again.
Itīs about the AI Guns.
I think they are way to precise (shooting from 3000m and way beyonde and almost every shot a hit?), even in bad weather! I think thats not very realistic (even the range is, but the acurracy?). I mean take for e.g your U-Boat Crew, ok you start with an unexpirienced crew and the platform (your U-Boat) lies much less stabile in the wate than a common warship. But in my opinion the Enemys are way too good.
I can remeber that I once saw a documentation about the battle with the Hood and the Bismark. I donīt know exactly how far away they were, but it was at rough sea. The Hood (which was older) had no chance against the Bismark. It was a new generation Battleship with Zeis Optik aiming system, which was uniqe at this time. I think you get what my point is! There were not many ships at that time that could shoot that precise at this distance (the smaller the vessel the smaller the accuracy!).

So how do you explain that precision in your mod (sounds a bit harsh, but isnīt intended so at all, donīt get me wrong, just an observation)?

My first thought was to change the "Max error angle" from 3 to 5 in the sim.cfg. But maybe you could help me where to find the gun behaivior for the ships and the AI rating for the different levels (rookie, veteran etc.).
I just want to chang the gun accuracy thats all.

Thanks for any answer in advance.

Greetz

Dr.Zod

GWX rules
Dr.Zod is offline   Reply With Quote