View Single Post
Old 04-21-18, 12:38 PM   #5909
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Good Morning cdrsubron7! Say, let me ask you this concerning your acquiring the Balao... Did you happen to start at the beginning of the war in Manila? Which boat? ... and you transferred to Surabaya? Which boat? ... and then you went to Fremantle? ... which boat (sorry, again... ) and then you had a Gar somewhere in there, and transferred to Brisbane - maybe??... I'm trying to follow the tangled web they wove for the Asiatic sub fleet. I'm going to guess that you had the Gar prior to being transferred from Fremantle to Brisbane, probably just after or during May of 1942? Then, your score probably is what got you the new boat, since the Gar does not transfer out of Brisbane... ?? Thing is, the Balao isn't available (supposedly) at Brisbane until June 1943, and at Pearl until March 1943... To top it all off, the Balao's "definition" in the game begins on January 1st, 1943... In theory, you shouldn't be able to be assigned one until 1943... I'm looking through old posts in the TMO, RDRDC, and RFB threads to see if I can find any similar reports in those mods. I'll also compare boat dates in those mods.

I forgot to mention the deck gun the other day as well... CapnScurvy found the issue with that, and the next update should have it to where you can have the deck gun at either mount point - it's gonna cost ya though (renown, that is)...

Definitely not to be missed... the rest of my life will ~have~ to go on hold beginning May 19th... m u s t - h a m m e r - s q u i r r e l s...
Below is the itinerary for my current career.

1st Patrol

Base: Manila Bay
Command: Sargo class
Patrol Start: Dec 9, 1941
Base Change: Dec 24, 1941 Surabaya
Patrol Ends: Jan 10, 1942

2nd Patrol

Base: Surabaya
Patrol Start: January 28, 1942
Patrol Ends: February 24, 1942

3rd Patrol

Patrol Start: February 27, 1942
Base Change: February 28, 1942 Perth-Fremantle
Patrol Ends: April 8, 1942
New Command: Gar class

4th Patrol

Command: Gar class
Patrol Start: April 23, 1942
Base Change: April 23, 1942 Flotilla moved to Brisbane
Patrol Ends: June 24, 1942

5th Patrol

Command: Gar class
Patrol Starts: July 17, 1942
Patrol Ends: August 21, 1942

6th Patrol

Command: Gar Class
Patrol Starts: September 9, 1942
Patrol Ends: October 4, 1942

7th Patrol

Command: Gar Class
Patrol Starts: October 14, 1942
Patrol Ends: November 27, 1942
New Command: November 28, 1942 Balao Class
Transferred To Pearl Harbor

8th Patrol

Command: Balao class
Patrol Starts: December 17, 1942 Pearl Harbor
Patrol Ends: January 27, 1943

There you have the particulars of my current career, pb. Any other questions, please let me know.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote