View Single Post
Old 04-19-18, 01:58 PM   #5904
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We are trying to find the source of the Balao assignment. Your report is at least the third. Two questions though cdrsubron7, what boat did you have prior to the Balao? Does it look like the Balao has appropriate gear for Dec. Of '42?

If you end up getting transferred back to Fremantle or Brisbane, a trip to Truk or the Solomons would be appropriate. Otherwise, that is a bit odd, though Guadalcanal was a 'special circumstance', as far as the 3/5 fleet versus 7th fleet boundary line was concerned, in the use of carriers & amphibious forces went... Certain folks didn't want MacCarthur having the authority to use them, being afraid he'd abandon Guadalcanal and use them elsewhere. Hence the boundary line was moved so that Guadalcanal ended up in the CenPac...
I was commanding a Gar class submarine before I got the Balao. As for the equipment, I'd have to look into that.

One more question, I've noticed lately that the deck gun can only be put on behind the conning tower. I've chosen the bow deck gun numerous times 0.63 and I never get the deck gun on the bow. What gives?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote