View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 08:03 PM   #4
Zantham
中国水兵

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

The Walther drive uses H2O2 instead of batteries or diesel. It works on the surface, as well as underwater.

According to uboat.net, the Walther drive supplied an estimated 15,000 HP worth of power
http://uboat.net/types/xviii.htm

In-game, there is a small fuel gauge that shows how much H2O2 fuel you have remaining, it is located above where you find your regular fuel, battery, Oxygen and CO2 guages. Unlike diesel, the
H2O2 is not replenished at a refit port.

You click the little red button on the end of the
H2O2 gauge and hold on tight. You still use your telegraph like normal, except you go waaaay faster than you would on diesel.

The range however is quite limited, depending on the speed you choose to go and whether you are surfaced or submerged. I think you can get a couple hundred kilometers or more out of it.. I know its in one of the files somewhere but I can't find it right now.

I did some basic testing like using ahead slow submerged to lose some destroyers, then engaging the turbine to see if they found me again; I was under the thermal layer and they didn't seem to react. Needs more testing to be sure tho.

I've also used it to do end-arounds on taskforces .... yes it is that fast!!! but that really sucks the fuel back quickly. I'm sure other creative minds around here use it for other purposes... I can imagine its hard for a Destroyer to track a uboat travelling at 29 knots with their guns....
Zantham is offline   Reply With Quote