View Single Post
Old 07-13-18, 11:10 AM   #122
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Can't speak specifically to your concern as I haven't come across too many surface contacts in my campaign yet. However, in a Yasen, I am getting absolutely slaughtered by Trafalgers and Upholders. Those Spearfish torpedoes are just too much. Big warhead, long run time, way too fast to out run or out maneuver.

In close, I get slammed, even far away I can't make it work. Above a layer or below doesn't matter, not particularly close but my launch results in a least two from each sub in the area and there is no way to beat four Spearfish that I can figure out.

By the time I run really far away (with time compression) and guide my torps back to where the contact(s) were (I can no longer see them and they are no longer on my sonar) the Spearfish are headed towards me in a spread that ensures I will have to deal with at least one or two - even at this distance. Too deadly...

I'm going to have to mod the mod - I just can't win at all after two days retrying the same mission from the autosave. They just can't be allowed to run for 12 minutes at 60 knots-that's almost twice as fast as the Yasen and you can't shake them by dancing. Relentless they are.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote