View Single Post
Old 02-07-16, 01:10 PM   #379
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Compatability questions

Well, I hope this isn't a case of bringing forth a zombie thread...but here goes.

After years of not being particularly unhappy about being confined to the control room, radio/hydrophone rooms, my tiny little "cabin", and a couple of topside locations, I made a separate (Multi SH3) installation of LSH3 2015 and have been wandering through the boat, looking for my crew, but otherwise very pleased with the details.

So, I'd like to install the interiors in my GWX3 submarines, both Type II and Type VII (is there anything like this for the Type IX?). I've opened the folders in this MOD and looked through the files and have found a couple of things in the "Commands_en" file that look like conflicts with Ace's Crew on Deck and ThomsenSoundPack (specifically Cmd39, Cmd150, Cmd204, Cmd250, Cmd262, Cmd300, Cmd313, Cmd418, Cmd429, and Cmd453). I'm sure there would also be conflicts with GWX-Open Hatch and Raptor's Interior and probably others as well. So, if anyone has installed these MODs together, I'd like some suggestions on whether there are serious problems and/or are there any ways to resolve the conflicts (I don't mind tinkering with text files or tweaking files with S3D).

BTW...yes, I could experiment and try to fumble around to see if I can stumble across the answers myself, but why not ask the community and see what some of the experts have to say? Besides, I'm sure there are some other conflicts/over-riding issues (with the environmental MODs, for instance) that will be apparent to someone.

My current MODs (these have been working well together for a long time):
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
GWX_LifeBoats&Debris_v4
GWX_Ships_Buoyance&Draught_mod
GWX_Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3
GWX_Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3- Single Exhaust for TypeII
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2