View Single Post
Old 12-21-14, 05:54 PM   #25
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Makman94:
Quote:
what this fix does exactly ? is it raising both df and radar at the same time?
Anvart's original animation in his NYGM_FM30_DFa_UpDown mod allowed separate movement, up and down, of the DF aerial and the rotating radar (FM30/FM61). He supplied the NYGM turms also, for this purpose.

My new hard-code fix uses Anvart's turms, but I have made small changes to the turms to permit my code to function.

These changes are as follows:
1. I have given the turms without a position for the rotating radars a new position R02 for the rotating radars. These turms include 7b_1_hd.dat, 7c_1_hd.dat, 9b_1_hd.dat, 9c_1_hd.dat.
2. For the other (NYGM) turms which have already R01 and R02 in their .dat files, I have simply exchanged the R01 and R02 in the dat files.
3. Turms for the Type II and XXI U-boats do not require alteration, and they are not affected by my hard-code either.

I used S3Ditor to make the changes to Anvart's original turms for NYGM.
This is sufficent for these turms. However, I believe that GWX and other creators of turms have used a different system that involves a change of the geometry of the turms, in order to permit the rotating radars to turn properly.

Also stock SH3 and GWX share the same positions for the R01 and R02 nodes, whereas NYGM reversed these positions originally. Thus, my hard-code fix means that the NYGM turms (.dat files) must have their original values of R01 and R02 restored.

This is complicated to explain, as you can see, and the best answer that I can give is to examine the 7b_1_hd.dat and 7c_3_hd.dat files (comparing NYGM and stock/GWX turms) in S3Ditor in order to see the differences.

Of course, the easy solution is just to use Anvart's turms supplied for NYGM, modified by me as explained above, and supplied as part of the new 4C_V16B1 hard-code fix.

I hope that I have provided a complete reply, including to your PM earlier.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote