Old 11-19-12, 04:39 PM   #48
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
Thank you rudewarrior

Now a lot of light at the end of the tunnel.
Use these values, so that the mod makes sense.
Have posted in the topic Marine Sim.

regards
Hi La vache,

It looks like in your comments, you are looking for some references, here are a couple:

uboat.net

Quote:
G7e T2 Electric 5000m/30kts *

* data for preheated state. Full effectiveness was obtained when the T2 was preheated electrically to 30 degrees Cent (86 F) before firing. Not preheated figures are 28 knots for 3000m.
uboataces.com

Quote:
A peculiar characteristic of the T III was that the batteries had to be pre-heated prior to launch. The T III had a maximum range of 5,000 meters at 30 knots, but the range would be reduced to 1,280 meters if the batteries not been pre-heated. This torpedo was also more fickle, and had to be serviced every three to four days.
Here is another with some specs:

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WTGER_WWII.htm

Unfortunately, none of these sites give references for their information.

However, one of my key references in my research was Wright's Master's Thesis, Wolves Without Teeth. I was in email contact with him for a while, and he said his two most valuable sources were Eberhardt Rossler's Die Torpedos der Deutschen U-Boote and Heinz Trompelt's Eine Andere Sicht: Tatsachenbericht eines Torpedo-Obermech. und Fanricht z. S. Gefahren auf U-459 und U-172. They are both in German, and if you can get ahold of them and take a look at them, they might be of interest to us. From what I understand, they are highly technical, and if you are interested in wading through that, they might be of interest to the overall picture of the mod as well.

Viel Glück!
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote