Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
I have exactly the same ideas as you !

Quote:
Could this generic model be a little different in aspect (3D and texture) ?
Of course it can. I think the Phares des Triagoz and du Four are simple enough that they can be used as "generic lighthouses models" as well, what do you think?

If you accepted my proposal of setting lighthouses either as sea or land units rather than as simple terrain objects, it would be easy customizing them through eqp/cfg files without having to duplicate the 3D model for every slight change. Another advantage would be that each lighthouse might be given its own light beam effect, and that some of them could be given a soundsource controller simulating fog horns

Quote:
Ah, I saw it ! But I though it was a texture ! I didn't dare to ask you to model a Fresnel lens, and that's just great that you've already done it !
It is just a cylinder surmounted by a truncated cone. I didnt add any other detail to it, because it would be hard spotting it anyway. The hard part was looking for a picture that I could get a good texture from, but I stealed both the model and the texture from one of my previous models with just a few changes

Quote:
I managed to create an icon for the LH which is not so bad looking.
Looks nice, but its borders might be smoother, and I think in modern charts major lights are marked as five-pointed stars with a tear-shaped beam departing from them:

See the following link, under the Chart symbols paragraph for further reference:
http://www.sailingissues.com/navcourse9.html

It is my understanding that lighthouses are internationally classified as "major lights"
gap is offline   Reply With Quote