View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 05:40 PM   #7
BrucePartington
XO

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

My 2 cents.
I went through that recently, although for a different kind of games ( I'm into Train Simulator, even considering TSW).
If and when you upgrade, go for the recommended specs or above. If you go for the minimum, you'll end up shelling money out twice.
There are a few websites that will even run a small app in your machine and tell you exactly where you are in relation to the game of your choice.
On the web search engine of your choice type "can I run (game name here) on my computer".

WIN 10 - If you are running Win 10, make sure you have your license ready on the side, and activated for your Microsoft account, *before* you upgrade the hardware.

Unlike all the previous versions, Win 10 will be "locked" to your PC, through the MB.
I was unaware of this, changed the MB with the new CPU, and on the first boot got a warning on the lower right corner telling me my copy of Win 10 was not activated. I sorted it out eventually, but it is far easier to prepare rather than sort this one out afterward.