Thread: Subnautica
View Single Post
Old 10-05-17, 11:42 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

We are almost there.There now is a release date for PC, which is October 31st. Today there was one of two preparatory updates paviong the way for final version 1.0, removing stuff from the construction phase, getting thigns cleaned and polished, and so forth. It also is indicated that there might come a DLC early next year.

But in principle, this is it.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Update_History

I still recommend this game. Its a little gem. I am eager to try it out in VR.

It was also said that a price raise might be imminent, so that they have the option to launch the game on Octobre 31st at a discount. This reasoning leaves you a bit perplexed? You are not alone.

It was a longer Early Access journey, okay, but they made it over the finishing line in one piece. Congratulations. Personally I prefer Early Access projects not lasting longer than one year. Dirt Rally was a good exmaple of masterful executuon, so was Assetto Corsa. At the other end of the scale, Wreckfest is a disastrous example for how to completely mismanage Early Access. Okay, they got to something in the end, while still not being in the box, but what a long and twisted and bumpy ride it was. Never again something for me from that studio, not before they are done and finished and I can see that all is good.